This fruit is loved by all young or old but lately it has been infamous for its sugar content and is considered as a cause of weight gain so can mangoes really make us fat?
Senior Nutritionist Saumya Shatakshi suggests the pros of eating mangoes and what to keep in mind:
* Mango is not just pure indulgence but a powerhouse to various nutrients like it has vitamin A, iron, copper and potassium.
* Mango is an energy food and provides sugar rush to the body which helps boost the energy levels of the body and keeps you active throughout the day.
* It is a storehouse to Vitamin C that increases the immunity and it is also rich in dietary fibre content
* Eating too much of mangoes can be harmful for health so maintaining the portion control is the key
* A medium-sized mango has nearly 150 calories, eating anything beyond the permissible calorie limits results in weight gain. Hence, it is advised not to overeat.
* Eating mangoes after meals increases the overall calories intake.
* We should replace our mid-morning or evening snacks with mangoes. It helps one enjoy the king of fruits without worrying about piling calories.
* Avoid having mangoes at night. It is preferable to have it during the first half of the day.